Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dita von Tesse Burlesque Style

Dita von Tesse is a burlesque dancer and fashion designer. She was once married to Marilyn Manson (seriously!). Dita is well known for her feminine retro style that has aspects of 30s, 40s, and pin up fashions that I wrote about in my post "Pin up Girl Style for Black Women". She always makes sure to look her best when in public and I found numerous fashion galleries devoted to Dita and her stylish elegance. She usually wears vintage-style dresses, gowns, dress suits, corsets, and heels and it is rare to see her wearing pants. Her style is so glamorous and it would look wonderful on anyone who has curves. There is nothing hard or masculine about the way she carries herself and she definitely knows how to stand and sit perfectly!

Of course I would not dare to be a burlesque dancer or pose nude but let's just pay attention to her clothing (I am not encouraging anyone to pursue her career). I like many aspects of her wardrobe but for everyday women like myself, too many bold, vintage items may create the look of a costume so don't over do it. I am not a fan of the pale make-up (a little too gothic if you ask me) or the red lipstick, but I like almost everything I have seen her wearing online. I love that she wears her hair curly the way pin up girls did! She has reported that she does her own make-up and hair so it is possible to look great without a stylist. Here are some great links related to Dita von Tesse's style: Tutorial 1, Tutorial 2Photos, Slideshow 1Slideshow 2Slideshow 3Slideshow 4, Slideshow 5Style galleries on Polyvore.


No comments:

Post a Comment